Monday 4 November 2013

Fudge salted caramel brownies (ie orgasm in a tin)

Fudge salted caramel brownies (ie orgasm in a tin)

So I am writing this from my iPhone because my computer didn't survive the weekend that needs 3 blog posts to replicate. I am strongly in need of an early night, liver detox and green veg but it was definitely worth it. This first post is solely for the cast of the magic flute many of whom have asked for the recipe and how I make them so gooey despite the fact they had to sort of be eaten with a spoon out of the tin ( although I strongly recommend anyone not in the magic flute to try making these too) I for one credit them with helping me get through the get out which lasted till 2.30am, not helped by my apparent hangover from lunch (see the next blog post on midsummer house). I also should admit that the success of these brownies wasn't necessarily down to my skill at cooking, but partly due to the fact I over-bought in terms of chocolate and under-bought in terms of eggs, so the result was a fudgy gooiness which nevertheless proved pretty popular amongst the singers (although of course only after the show - they would never eat chocolate before singing......maybe) also I apologise there is no picture of these...they were eaten before I remembered to take one, it's alright though because they were more tasty than pretty anyway

300g caster sugar
250ml double cream
2tsp salt (sea salt)
Knob of butter
600g dark chocolate (sainsburys basics is fine)
350g butter
6 eggs
300g caster sugar
Vanilla extract
1tsp salt
250g flour

1. Melt the sugar over a medium heat without stirring till it turns an amber colour WATCH it is easy to burn. Take off the heat and add the cream and salt mixing vigourously then stir in the butter, leave to come to room temperature.
2. Meanwhile melt the butter and chocolate till smooth, add the salt and the leads to cool to room temp
3. Beat in the eggs one by one then the sugar, add a tsp of vanilla then stir in the flour
4. Pour half into a lined rectangular deep tin . Top with caramel and then the teaming brownie mix
5. Bake in the oven at 180oC for 25-30mins
6. Meanwhile wash up it will take a while

No comments:

Post a Comment